Thursday, July 10, 2008

Family

We went to Beulah last night and got to spend some time with Jason's cousin's family. It was so nice. Jason's side of the family had a rough year. Jason's Grammy Merle passed, then his Uncle Melvin and just shortly after his Uncle Merle. Life just passes so quickly and we never really know how much time we have. I am so lucky to still have three of my grandparents still living and really thriving. Grampy had a stroke a couple of years ago, but is still able to enjoy life even with all of the changes that have taken place in their lives. I think we all know that we are getting older, but we don't adequately prepare ourselves for the changes that take place in our older age. I think I have said "Jason, I don't want to get old" so many times in the last couple of weeks. I know I need to learn to "embrace change". I need to get working on that now so in 25 or 30 years I will be prepared. It is a slow process this aging thing, but it happens so fast. Being 35, I am really almost middle age. Wow. I feel like I have lived an entire lifetime already. So many wonderful and difficult things, but all growing experiences. I am just thankful that I get to experience life with a fantastic partner in crime. Jason and I have really grown up together, great life behind us, great life ahead of us. We want to make the most of our family times together. Life is good...just going to get better.

No comments: